INTERESTED IN BEING A REFEREE?
NEW ENTRY COURSE: APRIL 26TH & 27TH
REFEREE GAME SHEETS
Game sheets are provided for use by the Referees. The coaches will fill out their team information on the sheet and return to the Referee before the start of the game. The coaches will be asked to sign the sheet at the end of the game to verify the score.
Referees need to return the completed game sheets to the soccer office. It provides record of attendance at the games and will ensure payment
To print off a game sheet, please use this document. (right click and save as)
FMYSA (through the District Referee Assistant) will provide the following:
- Referee training/certification courses through ASA
- Referee Schedule Coordinators to assist scheduling of referees
- Compensation/pay as per Referee Fee Schedule
- Referee Mentors to assist with referee development (referee feedback and technical assistance)
- Be certified and registered with ASA -- required for insurance purposes
(covered by ASA insurance against personal injury and liability if a player is injured)
- Wear an appropriate referee uniform to all games.
- Referee the games scheduled/committed to or ensure a spare referee is contacted as a replacement -- contact Referee Schedule Coordinator.
- Show up a minimum 15-20 minutes prior to game time to carry out game duties.
- Start games on time as per schedule.
- Ensure Referee Game Sheet is filled in properly and signed by coaches and referee.
- Submit properly completed Game Sheets on a regular basis to Youth Soccer Office.
- Referees should contact designated Referee Mentors/District Referee Assistant if you have any technical questions regarding game situations/decisions or such advice.
- Referees should contact designated Referee Schedule Coordinators if you have any administrative questions regarding schedules.
REFEREEING IS A GREAT WAY TO BE MORE INVOLVED IN SOCCER, GIVES A GREATER UNDERSTANDING AND APPRECIATION FOR THE GAME, AND IMPROVES LEADERSHIP SKILLS.